What is Calcium?
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, with more than 99% of total body calcium stored in the bones and teeth
Why is calcium important for toddlers?
- Calcium is needed for the growth and development of bones in children
Where can toddlers get calcium from?
- It is recommended toddlers eat three portions of dairy foods a day to meet their calcium needs
- One portion of dairy is the equivalent of 125ml pot of low sugar yoghurt or fromage frais; 2-4 tbsp. grated cheese; or one 150ml beaker of Growing Up Milk
Did you also know?
- Vitamin D helps calcium absorption. You can read more on our Benefits of vitamin D page
- Dairy foods are an important source of calcium.You can read more on our Importance of Dairy page
Want to know more? Read our Expert Q&A section