From the age of one to three, your toddler will experience a period of amazing growth and development. They are growing bigger and taller and will be learning to walk, talk, run and jump.
But it’s not just what you can see on the outside. There are also lots of changes going on inside their bodies, bones, and brains to set them up for life. And they need the right food and nutrition to help fuel it.
In fact, ‘pound for pound’ (per kg of body weight, per day) toddlers require:
- Nearly three times as much energy from food compared to adults
- More than four times the amount of iron and vitamin C
- Around three times the amount of calcium, zinc and vitamin A
- More fat than adults, particularly ‘good’ unsaturated fats
- Less salt in their food than adults